If you think about outsourcing animation or building your in-house team you need to carefully think about what works best for your business model.
In business, it’s all about getting things done and releasing them within the set timeframe. So it’s reasonable that you are looking for the best ways to balance cost and quality when choosing an animation outsourcing company or motion graphics agency.
Including animation in your content strategy is quite beneficial but requires making a decision between hiring a team in-house and outsourcing.
So, what is the right choice for your case? Let’s find out.
Hiring in-house designers have some meaningful benefits, along with disadvantages to consider.
In general, having in-house motion designers, animators, illustrators, and others, means that you have:
- specialists available at any time;
- no time zone differences;
- more control over the team in terms of productivity and motivation.
While the benefits of in-house teams are critical, the drawbacks are also quite decisive. With in-house production, you:
- have access to a limited, local talent pool;
- need to purchase all the equipment and software;
- have to manage the team, projects, and processes;
- have to attract the whole team of qualified specialists, because 1-2 people aren’t enough to cope with all the workload and deliver quality;
- employees must regularly grow by attending professional training.
As you can see, keeping people in-house means spending time and money on making them do the job. This can be really distracting from what actually needs to focus on. These make in-house teams less suitable for motion design and animation production.
Hiring an outsource animation studio keeps becoming more beneficial, although there are some drawbacks to consider as well. Overall, outsourcing offers an opportunity to get well-organized, outside professional help of high quality for reduced cost and within a shorter time frame.
Generally, outsourcing is pretty advantageous for video production:
- the agency gets the job done faster, and of higher quality with well-established processes;
- outsourcing helps to cut the resources you spend because you don’t have to cover additional expenses;
- no employee training required since they already equipped with adequate skills to perform effectively.
Pretty much, there is only one major drawback of the outsourced team: the time difference limits the availability. Anyway, it’s possible to figure out the right way of cooperation in spite of this factor.
The question of whether to hire an agency for long-term cooperation or choose an agency tends to be a tough one. There’s no correct answer because there are benefits in both options.
Therefore, outsourcing is the right way in almost all cases when it comes to motion design & animation. You get a better outcome with lower efforts since you get a formed team ready to perform.
If you’re looking through an award-winning motion design studio that can handle your animation projects, Galera can become a reliable partner to collaborate with. Let us become part of your success story & contribute our expertise to your business.